If you’re an oatmeal lover like I am, then I’m sure you’ll enjoy this easy superfood oatmeal for breakfast, lunch, or even dinner!
It’s quick and easy to make, and even makes a perfect “on the go” snack 🙂
If you happen to have blood sugar sensitivities, eating bananas for breakfast may be something you want be cautious of. So, you can definitely enjoy oatmeal with bananas as an afternoon snack.
Consuming higher sugar fruits in the later part of the day tends to support the blood sugar much more efficiently than earlier in the day. So, if you’re looking to have these oats for breakfast, you can switch the banana for lower glycemic fruits like berries. If you plan on having this later in the afternoon around 3pm -7pm, then using the bananas shouldn’t be a disruption to your blood sugar.
- Whole oats (if you can find germinated, this is even better!)
- 1/2 Banana
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 Tsp bee pollen
- 1/4 Tsp Vietnamese Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp air dried sea salt
- Bring one cup of water to a boil
- After water has been boiling, pour in 1/2 cup of oats into pot & let oats “boil” for 30 seconds. Boiling grains actually reduces the anti-nutrient components that do not support the nutritional body.
- After 30 seconds has passed, turn the heat off completely.
- Add in banana, raisins, cinnamon, salt, and bee pollen.
- Cover the pot with its lid, allowing the steam to blend all of the flavors together.
- After a few minutes of sitting, the pot with the lid covering, its ready to eat!