Love having oats back in my diet! Had to get this childhood favorite back into my life!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Soaking Time: 1h – 12hrs
Dehydrating time: 8-12 hours
- 2 Cups organic whole oats
- 1 Cup favorite dried fruit
- ½- 1 Tsp air dried sea salt
- 1- 1 ½ Tsp Vietnamese cinnamon
- 1-2 Tbsp raw unheated honey
- Soak oats for 1- 12 hours to help breakdown phytic acid. If using dried fruit for your granola, soak them as well for the same amount of time
- After soaking, poor oats into a strainer.
- Once in strainer, rinse oats thoroughly in purified water.
- Allow to oats drain until water is no longer dripping from strainer
Place soaked oats in a large mixing bowl
- Add in your fruit of choice
- Generously sprinkle Vietnamese cinnamon over oats.
- Use a wooden mixing spoon to slowly turn the oats. Slowly turning them prevents them from turning to “mush.” Cinnamon should be dispersed thoroughly throughout the oats.
- Use tablespoon to drizzle raw honey over oats entirely
- Evenly sprinkle sea salt
- Mix all ingredients together slowly so flavors are evenly dispersed throughout the oats
Once mixed, spread oats evenly on dehydrator tray.
Do your best to keep the thickness of oats no more than 1/2 inch on dehydrator tray.
Set dehydrator to 115 degrees, & dehydrate for 8 – 12 hours.
Check on oats after several hours to see of the oats need to be flipped. If moisture is sitting within the bottom of the oats, flip them so the low temperature can fully dehydrate them.
Once oats are fully dried…eat & enjoy guilt free! gRAWnola is perfect on its own, as a yogurt topper, and a perfect on the go snack!